Chances are that if you’ve come to the Bahamas, you’ve brought an itinerary that looks something like this:
1. Relax in my room.
2. Hang out by the pool and relax.
3. Hang out on the beach and relax.
There’s absolutely nothing wrong with that! But if you get to day two on your stay at Grand Lucayan and want some new ideas, Grand Bahama Island has plenty. Here’s just ten of them that we can come up with off the top of our heads.
1. Attend a festival. Head down to Lucaya and you’re bound to find a festival being held somewhere – even if it’s 1 p.m. on a Tuesday afternoon! We’re only exaggerating slightly.
2. Shop. Whether you’re looking for authentic local souvenirs or for a premium purchase, head down to Lucaya for a shopping spree.
3. Swim. Grand Bahama Island is home to some of the world’s most pristine and beautiful beaches – really, you can’t say you came to the Bahamas and didn’t swim.
4. Go diving. Yes, it’s really different than swimming – you can charter a dive boat and enjoy the underwater world around our beautiful island.
5. Swim with dolphins. Meet one of the world’s smartest species up close and personal when you attend a Dolphinarium.
6. Feed the sharks. Of course, we want you to feed the sharks safely, so hire a professional and go on a shark feeding excursion for a little adventure.
7. Socialize at Count Basie Square. A favorite destination for spring breakers, Count Basie Square is at the heart of Grand Bahama Island.
8. Go golfing. There’s nothing like golfing in a course littered with tropical trees swaying in the ocean breeze.
9. Enjoy a day at the spa. Get truly pampered; you’ll feel like you never want to leave the Bahamas.
10. Go horseback riding. In fact, check out our full range of outdoor activities if you want to get outside.