Call us biased, but we think Grand Bahama Island is one of the most family-friendly places to vacation in the world. The combination of fun in the sun and wholesome activities make it an ideal destination for both children who want to see the dolphins and adults who want to see, well, a little rest and relaxation on the beach.
Don’t believe us? Take a look at the top five family-friendly activities on Grand Bahama Island:
1. Swimming with dolphins. Even if you’re an adult who’s never swam up close with a dolphin before, you’ll feel yourself going back into “awed child” mode once you see one of these miracles of nature up close. Dolphins are intelligent, playful, and majestic – neither you or your kids will forget the experience.
2. Banana boating. Everyone loves a good ride on the waves, but one of the most family-friendly rides is banana boating. A lot of kids can fit on a single banana boat, which means there’s plenty of fun to go around – unless your kids are a little too young, of course.
3. Wildlife tour. From birdwatching to looking for dolphins from the safe distance of a boat, you can bet that everyone in your family will be enthralled when you spot an animal you could never have seen back home.
4. The beach! We can’t forget what a good trip to the beach can do to boost your entire family’s mood while you’re on vacation – just make sure you pick a great beach with plenty of activities to keep everyone entertained.
5. Deep sea fishing. If you have kids who are getting a little older, this is a more “advanced” adventure that will keep them entertained while giving them an experience they’ll always remember – and it’s great fun for even the oldest adults, too, as long as you can stay safe in the sun.