An “off-season” is a phrase with a lot of negative connotations. Fans of sports like football and baseball hate waiting through an “off-season.” Shoppers dislike buying fruit that is “out of season.”
But when it comes to Bahamas resorts, there may be no better time to go than during the off-season.
Don’t believe us? Here are five reasons you might consider visiting a Bahamas resort during the off-season:
- Better Prices. It’s not exactly a secret that Bahamas resorts tend to offer their lowest prices during off-seasons. There’s less competition for these resorts during the off season, which means many resorts have to compete with each other to attract a larger amount of guests.
- Beating the crowds. If you’ve never been one to enjoy large crowds, then you may want to wait until the off-season to have more of a Bahamas resort to yourself and your family. Not only will you find lower prices, but you may also find more room in the pools and casino!
- Friendly weather. Both the uncomfortable weather back home and comfortable weather in the Bahamas go into determining the “on-season” for Bahamas resorts. But, as the New York Times notes, you may find that Bahamian weather during the off-season of summer and fall to be to your liking anyway, particularly as the trade winds keep the Bahamas surprisingly fresh and cool.
- Shopping discounts. In the off-season, shops have to keep customers coming through the doors – and that means lower prices. It’s not just the resorts and airlines offering lower prices for the off-season, but also the shops and boutiques of Grand Bahama Island.
- Pristine island conditions. During the on-season, the beaches and surf of the Bahamas tend to be crowded and a little more “used.” They return to a more pristine condition when the crowds leave, giving you a more authentic Bahamas experience.
Of course, the Bahamas are famous as a “year-round” destination; there’s never really a bad time to visit a Bahamas resort. But if you consider the advantages of the Bahamas in the off-season, you may just find yourself visiting us at a more unconventional time.