RESERVATIONS CANCELLATION POLICY
The following is the cancellation policy for the Grand Lucayan Resort – Lighthouse Pointe:
- Cancellation for all confirmed bookings must be done forty – eight (48) hours prior to arrival
- Cancellations outside of the forty – eight (48) hours will not be charged a penalty
- If the entire booking is canceled forty – eight (48) hours of confirmed arrival date, the entire stay will be charged for room and tax at confirmed rate with the exception of an illness with a doctor’s note, cancellation of flight officially by the airline, or a government/immigration matter
- Reservations not canceled are considered a NO SHOW the entire room and tax penalty will be applied for all nights confirmed
December 26, 2022 – January 1, 2023, the full room and government tax payment is required at the time of booking. Guest must cancel 48 hours prior to arrival date (holiday periods 7 days in advance). Please note if a guest wishes to depart early there will be no refund on the remaining nights with the exception of a Hurricane (not a Tropical Depression) or national disaster. Thank you for choosing the Grand Lucayan Resort The Reservations Department /aw
HURRICANE POLICYIn the event of a hurricane on Grand Bahama Island, Grand Lucayan Resort will assist in rebooking guest future stays or cancellations without penalty. If unable to leave island due to closure of the airport(s), a guaranteed distressed traveler room rate and applicable taxes will be applied for guests paying on their own account. If guests are prepaid through a third party, guests are covered for distressed stay. This policy is applicable to transient and group reservations as stipulated in their contracts. The stipulations that apply are as follows:
- Cancellation and no-show fees will be waived for the period that Grand Bahama Island is under a Hurricane Warning and/or a Hurricane Watch. (*not a Tropical depression or warning)
- Guests holding confirmed and full deposited reservations within the non-refundable window that are unable to travel to the resort due to closing of Freeport International Airport (FPO) or The Grand Lucayan Resort will be given the option for a full refund (to the method of payment) OR a one room category upgrade on their next visit to the resort within one calendar year.
- Reservations for comparable accommodations will be made on a space available basis and blackout dates may apply.
- Any commission owed to travel agents will be paid on the stay interrupted by the hurricane as long as revenue is generated and received by the resort.
- Other expenses including but not limited to airfare, food and beverage, or catered services are not included or covered by this guarantee, unless you are an all-inclusive guest in which case food and beverage and room inclusions will apply per reservation details.
- In House guests will not be penalized for an early departure in the event of a hurricane.
- Any unused portion of a deposit for an in –house guest will be refunded in the event of a hurricane.
TAXES AND FEES FOR NON-ALL INCLUSIVE STAYSRoom tax 10%, Resort levy 8% + VAT tax per night, $8 service charge per person per night; $22.00 resort fee per person per night for occupants 13 and older; $22.00 energy surcharge fee per room, per night. Also, additional fee per person in a room is $30.00 + taxes and fees.
CHECK IN REQUIREMENT’S
- Must be 21+ years old
- $100 security deposit (cash or credit card)
- Photo id
- Valid credit card